I have sunk even further to the dark side and have stepped into the world of Resin 3D Printing. God help me now! Four hours on the first "test" print. OK! Here is the first official DC Resin Print. It was done with Elegoo grey Photopolymer Resin, sliced with Chitubox and printed on the […]
Friday, April 22 2022
Sunday, April 3 2022
Woo-hoo, the 3D printers are back online! Been embroiled on a server project all month creating a 3D Virtual World. I moved some hardware around put the print server on a NUC with a 256GB SSD. (From one with two 2TB SSDs) So yeah, the migration was a bit of a headache. Fortunately, I saved my config […]
Monday, January 24 2022
This was a late night, I was bored and really need to finish this model deal. I printed the main body and primed it like a week later. I was having problems with the nacelles, the fins were too thin, I ended up just clipping them off, and were printed and primed later. I didn't get the prime color […]
Sunday, January 9 2022
With the new airbrush I decided to revisit the Goliath. The originally planned Digital Camo was a bust. The stencils bled too much. But I have to say, I've got more done and used so much less paint in just an hour with this shittin' little $20 airbrush than I have in all the months I've been […]
After my debacle with the airbrush I "ordered" from Amazon, they sent me a 100foot LED Light Strip and a Dumpster Fire piggy bank. WTF??? Anyhow, I kept the LED lights, got them around my workshop. Really cool when they get going with the music. So, I decided that I was going to find an […]
Saturday, December 4 2021
Just needs a couple of touchups where I have fingerprints from gluing myself to the model while attaching the cab and chassis. I had quite a bit of fun printing, painting and assembling her. https://gallery.designcreations.us/thumbnails.php?album=28
Tuesday, November 23 2021
I have to say the second run at multi-colors came out MUCH better!! It is an articulated butterfly keychain for Nikki's Mom.
So the first dual extrusion print is done! Yup it's a bit of a mess. I had my retraction settings set WAY too low. Like .8 or something when it should be around 7 or 10! But all in all, not a bad first print. Yeah I picked up an Elegoo Neptune 2D. It was crazy cheap for a dual extrusion printer and […]
Saturday, November 13 2021
Welp, I screwed the pooch with the hot end on the Ender 3 Max. Stripped out the threads for the nozzle. FORTUNATELY a new drop in place complete hot end is only $20. I could go the $10 route and get a bunch of heat blocks and heat breaks. BUT that means trying to get the thermistor and heater coil […]
Friday, September 24 2021
All of the mechanical parts are done. Printing out the Butt Plate and Stock next. Have Nikki put on a nice coat of Walnut Stain on the stock and she'll be done. I DID have a working trigger assembly. However when I used some CA glue on the trigger guard the glue ran into the trigger and now it is […]
Saturday, September 18 2021
Nikki FINALLY finished her Sherman Calliope. Came out Pretty Darn good!!! Now get to work on the Nebelwerfer!!!! LOVE YA BABY!!!
Thursday, September 9 2021
The beginning of Gwen's Nebelwerfer to accompany her Sherman Calliope. YES, she's a Company of Heroes nut, lol. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nebelwerfer https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T34_Calliope
Wednesday, September 8 2021
I have the first layer of stencils on, at least on the main body. We'll how these work out. I may need to use a thicker, sticker material. And the clear is a bit of a bitch to see, lol Hrmm, looking at the larger "blown up" image, I may need to use another material any how. I might have a […]
Just a bit of touch-up here and there, let it dry and I should be able to apply the first layer of stencils. I think I do need to find a good primer. Not sure if it's that I'm handling it a bit too soon or the Army Painter paint isn't adhering the best without a primer.
I've got my base coat down. I'm going to do a traditional color camo but in a digital. I'm also going to try a different technique. Layering sticky stencils for the colors. Base coat of matte black, add some stencils then a coat of brown, rinse repeat for green. I'll see how this works and see if I […]
Tuesday, April 20 2021
A neat print we did the other day. Took 2 days to print!!! Then I practiced my limited airbrush skills painting it. We have another one scaled to 50% on the Prusa right now. We'll see how that one comes out.